My Blog List

Thursday, September 22, 2011

More decor and more!

my new shelf before my "update"

After update

From the front

I had an accident while putting this thing together and lets just say, the back was no longer usable after it had to be removed so that I could fix my mistake.  My husband was kind enough to help me fix the mistake but it was pretty wobbly with out a back.  A trip or two to Lowe's and I put the new back on, which is great because if I want to turn the thing (really hard to do because without my additions it's 250 lbs!)  it still looks nice.

I made a couple of patterns on printer paper, cut them, traced them, and cut out four copies
(you could use more and it would be super full and cute too!)

I folded each piece in half and glued two that were folded in half to one that I had smoothed flat.

glue the last one on like that

The word "family" came off of one of those collage pieces of paper that I tend to pass over. 
Thought it was cute here.

Made a bow out of wire and rafia, the wire just let me make a different shape.

I inserted a wire all the way through a long piece of rafia to make it stiff
enough to hold the curl after I wound it around a pencil

Sam deal with the big one, I used a sharpie to "stitch" the patch on.
Can you see the metal pumpkin? It's a place holder I found at michaels, I love it!

Thought that you could see some details better this way.

No comments:

Post a Comment